NEWS & UPDATES
Tickets for the October 2nd Kansas City, MO stop of BLACKDIAMONDSKYE are available NOW! Click here to purchase tickets.
Deftones is hitting the road across North America this August through October. Help spread the word and you could win one of three prize packs including a signed copy of Diamond Eyes and t-shirt from Deftones.
1. Post a Facebook status update telling people that Deftones is touring this summer and include this link:
Also, do the same on Twitter if you have one.
2. Using the code provided, post the linked banner below anywhere and everywhere else possible online... Myspace, message boards, your blog, and wherever else you can!
3. Take screenshots clearly showing your Facebook status update after it has been posted, and everywhere you post the banner.
(To take a screenshot, PC users press "Print Screen", open Paint, go to Edit>Paste and save. Mac users press Apple+Shift+3 and your screenshot will save to the desktop.)
4. Upload your screenshots to the Deftones Aug-Oct Online Tour Promo Mission on the VelvetHammer.net Community no later than Aug 4. You will need to register if you are not already a member of the site.
Three screenshots will be chosen at random, and the submitters of those shots will each be awarded a prize pack (signed Diamond Eyes CD and t-shirt). Each individual screenshot will act as a separate entry into the contest, so the more you submit, the better your chances! Also, depending on the quantity and quality of your promotion, each person who submits will receive between 25 and 100 points on VelvetHammer.net, which can translate into more rewards such as signed CDs, tickets to shows, rare vinyl and more!
Want to win a signed CD from each BLACKDIAMONDSKYE band? Think YOU can get the most people to the show in your city? A signed CD from ALL 3 BDS bands will be given away to one lucky winner in EACH city that BLACKDIAMONDSKYE stops in. Follow these instructions to be eligible to win:
1. From your Facebook profile, create an Event for the BLACKDIAMONDSKYE date nearest you.
2. Invite your friends to the event and tell them to RSVP that they are attending.
3. Post on the BLACKDIAMONDSKYE wall with a link to your event page.
The person to get the most “Attending” RSVPs in each tour city will be declared winner and receive signed CDs from Alice In Chains, Deftones, and Mastodon. Any ties will be given to the person to post their event link on the BLACKDIAMONDSKYE wall first. The deadline for event submissions is Friday, July 30 at Midnight PST. Winners will be announced the following Monday, August 2. Go here to get started.
A VERY LIMITED number of tickets to the Atlanta date of BLACKDIAMONDSKYE will be on sale for 24 hours for just $10 tomorrow (Weds, July 21). Go here to buy yours beginning at midnight!
BLACKDIAMONDSKYE, featuring Alice In Chains, Deftones and Mastodon, will come through Kansas City, MO on October 2 at the Sandstone Amphitheatre. Tickets go on-sale Saturday, July 24 at 10am, but pre-sale and special VIP ticketing packages can be purchased NOW by going here, clicking the “register” button, and following the instructions.
A guitar signed by all of Deftones is now available for auction HERE. The auction benefits the It Takes A Community Foundation, an organization founded by Aaron Lewis of Staind and his wife Vanessa.
The It Takes A Community Foundation was launched with a focus on reviving rural communities throughout the greater New England area. The charity works with local leaders and community organizations that have firsthand knowledge of the needs of their communities. It strives to raise funds and support these community groups who strengthen, engage and enrich the communities they are in, sustain diminishing public services and provide assistance to communities in crisis.
For its initial launch, ITAC’s goal is to raise funds in support of the Community Education Center in Worthington, Massachusetts. Funds raised will help open the school’s doors and provide a seamless transition from a district run facility to a community school.
Please click here to read more about the organization and view all items available for auction.